McDonald's Canada and its franchisees hired more than 8,900 new employees in a one-day recruitment blitz, breaking the chain’s previous record.
"We are thrilled to welcome thousands of new employees to the McDonald's family during such an exciting time for our brand. Our new employees will gain highly sought-after skills, like problem-solving, communication, teamwork and decision-making," said Sharon Ramalho, chief people officer at McDonald's Canada. "These 'skills for life' are the same ones I learned behind the counter when I started as a crew member, and continue to serve me in my career, every day."
The new recruits will hold a variety of positions including, restaurant managers, cooks, crew, and hospitality roles including the new guest experience leaders working in the dining room.
By the numbers:
- 44,392: The number of people who applied for crew and management positions.
- 8,920: The number of new crew and restaurant management employees hired on April 6.
- 3,018: The number of new employees hired in Ontario.
- 3,471: The number of new employees hired in Quebec and the Atlantic provinces.
- 2,431: The number of new employees hired in Western Canada.
- 650: The number of new guest experience leaders hired.
© Copyright Canadian HR Reporter, Thomson Reuters Canada Limited. All rights reserved.
To Read the Full Story, Subscribe or Sign In