Are leaders born or trained?Identifying and cultivating high-potential leaders within organizationsBy John Szold11/06/2006|CHRR, Report on Training & Development|Last Updated: 11/03/2006 Is leadership predominantly something you’re born with or something developed through experience?That question was put to more than 300 presidents and CEOs in a recent global survey by consulting firm Caliper. Most believed they were born with 40 per cent of their leadership ability and developed the remaining 60 per cent through experience. Therefore, even the strongest leaders have to do a lot of hard work to reach their potential. And for organizations, identifying the next president requires certain key programs and practices. These include the opportunities to develop these qualities, the environment to foster the right team and, not least, the ability to recognize the qualities that make a leader. To Read the Full Story, Subscribe or Sign In Remember Me Forgot Password If you are a current Subscriber, please click here to set-up or update your login information.