TORONTO (CP) — A source says Canadian premiers are in favour of the latest federal offer over the Canada Job Grant.
The source from one of the provinces involved says the agreement in principle was reached during a conference call today over the once-contentious national job training program. Work is still being done on the final wording of the official response, but the source says there are no plans to counter Ottawa's latest offer.
Each province and territory will still have to work out details with the federal Conservatives.
Federal Employment Minister Jason Kenney sent a final offer to the provinces last week, hoping for a ``deal in principle'' with them by March 31. His counter-proposal allows provinces and territories full flexibility in how they contribute to the $15,000-per-worker job grant.