Frequently asked question

Question: An employee has requested that we transfer amounts from his retiring allowance to his spousal Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP). Can we do this?
||Last Updated: 02/16/2006


You can only transfer the "non-eligible" (T4A Box (27)) portion of a retiring allowance to an employee's spousal or common-law partner's RRSP. The employer must have reasonable grounds to believe the amount being transferred will not exceed the


deduction limit through either confirmation from the employee or a copy of the employee's

Notice of Assessment


The "eligible" (T4A box (26)) portion of the retiring allowance can be transferred to the employee's RRSP.

Add Comment

  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *