Nova Scotia's Minimum Wage Review Committee is recommending increases to the minimum wage over the next three years.
In its most recent report, the committee recommends the government make the following changes to the minimum wage rate:
- Effective May 1, 2008, the minimum wage for an experienced worker (an employee with at least three months’ experience) would increase from $7.60 per hour to $8.10.
- Effective April 1, 2009, the minimum wage would increase to $8.60 per hour.
- Effective April 1, 2010, the minimum wage would rise to $9.20.
- Effective Oct. 1, 2010, the rate would increase to $9.65.
- Beginning April 1, 2011, the minimum wage would be adjusted each year based on the Consumer Price Index.
© Copyright Canadian HR Reporter, Thomson Reuters Canada Limited. All rights reserved.