Private employers add 2,900 jobs in May: Report
Gains in information, education, leisure and hospitality
06/21/2018|hrreporter.com|Last Updated: 06/21/2018
Educational services added 3,700 jobs, according to ADP. REUTERS/Mark Blinch
OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canadian employers added 2,900 workers to their payrolls in May, as gains in information, education, and leisure and hospitality offset losses in contruction and trade, according to a employment report from ADP.
"Job growth in Canada slowed in the month of May," said Ahu Yildirmaz, vice-president and co-head of the ADP Research Institute.
"While construction and trade were detractors from the overall growth, we saw improved growth in information, education, and leisure and hospitality."
- Goods producing:
- manufacturing 1,500
- construction -4,700
- natural resources and mining 300
- Service providing:
- trade/transportation and utilities -7,600
- information 2,700
- finance/real estate -300
- professional/business services 1,600
- professional/technical -300
- management of companies 300
- administrative and support 1,700
- education and health care 3,100
- educational services 3,700
- health care -600
- leisure and hospitality 4,000
- other services 2,200
© Copyright Canadian HR Reporter, Thomson Reuters Canada Limited. All rights reserved.