Increase of 30,200 jobs in April: Report
Major gains in professional and business services, trade and manufacturing
05/17/2018|hrreporter.com|Last Updated: 05/22/2018
Professional/business services gained 5,600 jobs in April, according to ADP. REUTERS/Todd Korol
Employment in Canada increased by 30,200 jobs from March to April according to the April ADP Canada National Employment Report, derived from actual payroll data.
"Canada experienced strong job growth across most industries in the month of April," said Ahu Yildirmaz, vice-president and co-head of the ADP Research Institute.
"Top performers were professional and business services, trade, and manufacturing. but overall we saw solid gains across all industries except for leisure and hospitality."
- Manufacturing 5,400
- Construction 2,600
- Natural resources and mining 800
- Trade/transportation and utilities 5,500
- Information 4,100
- Finance/real estate 3,100
- Professional/business services 5,600
- Professional/technical 5,300
- Management of companies -400
- Administrative and support 700
- Education and health care 4,300
- Educational services 300
- Health care 4,000
- Leisure and hospitality -1,400
The March total of jobs added was revised up from 42,800 to 59,300.
© Copyright Canadian HR Reporter, Thomson Reuters Canada Limited. All rights reserved.