Recognized for efforts to foster healthier, more inclusive workplaces
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada, MOBIA Technology Innovations, Isaac Operations, the Regional Municipality of York and Flight Centre Travel Group have received GoodLife Fitness Health & Wellness Leadership Awards for their efforts to foster cultures of workplace wellness through continuous improvement in fitness, activity, nutrition, education and employee behavioural change.
"In all cases, the winning organizations implemented employee-driven programs that reached team members with the right information in a format that works best for them. These kinds of programs change lives by promoting physical and mental wellness, inclusive working conditions and financial awareness,” says Tammy Brazier, senior director of corporate and business development at GoodLife.
- Allstate Insurance received the Gold Award for its programs that recognize employees who practise healthy habits during the workday, give mental health training to all leaders and celebrate diversity in an inclusive and comfortable workplace, among others. It also has a comprehensive online wellness platform that provides employees and their families with videos, podcasts, live chats and blog posts.
- MOBIA’s award-winning efforts include: one-on-one mentoring and coaching for new employees to foster collaboration among employees, provide on the job training, and to help develop top performers as they grow in their careers; and wellness events and resources for employees including a Superfood Potluck, participating in the Windsor Corporate Challenge, annual on-site flu clinics and wellness webinars on various topics.
- Isaac Operations’ wellness initiatives include: five weeks' vacation for all employees, regardless of how long they've been with the company; a personal wellness budget of $800 annually (in addition to its standard benefits package); and weekly 'Motivation and Happiness' meetings where everyone in the company (including the CEO) discusses work-life balance to monitor employee well-being.
- The Regional Municipality of York’s effort include a dedicated Corporate Wellness Committee with 40 wellness ambassadors representing a variety of roles; mental-health training for all staff including supervisors, managers and directors; and a social wellness engagement platform and library of well-being tutorials.
- Wellness initiatives at the Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) include: a dedicated Healthwise corporate health & wellness division that drives initiatives based on employee preferences; challenges focusing on fitness, nutrition and wellness (such as a sleep challenge and 7 Days of Salads challenge); “Laugh, Stretch and De-Stress: videos that run in Flight Centre retail shops to encourage staff to get up and move throughout the day; and personal consults for employees in BioAge, Full Health & Wellness, Quick Vitals and Ergonomics.